5 Best VPN for TOR in 2018
You have been trying so hard to use both TOR and VPN but you do not know which VPN supports TOR browser. However, the TOR browser does not offer the required level of privacy to the users. In this case, the role of best VPN comes in handy.
This is because it offers both anonymity and privacy under one package straightaway. Luckily, you have landed at the right place because we have a solution to your problem. In order to search about best VPN for TOR browser, read our exclusive guide in detail.
What is TOR?
TOR, the onion router is a free software that allows you to browse the internet anonymously from anywhere. It secures your actual identity by forwarding your traffic towards various TOR servers.
The users should not undermine the role of TOR network. This is because it masks their online identity anonymous by forwarding their traffic through various TOR servers. Likewise, it also encrypts your traffic. This tactic allows online hackers and ISPs to observe your traffic coming through various nodes on the TOR network.
Pros of TOR
- TOR offers an advance level of anonymity
- The users can opt TOR along with VPN simultaneously
Cons of TOR
- TOR works slower as compared to VPN
- Does not support torrenting activities of the users
Best VPN Services for TOR
When you use a VPN in conjunction with TOR, you can be sure of privacy and anonymity both. However, you will have to compromise on connection speeds. Still, you have a best VPN for TOR available at your disposal.
Thus, you can obtain both anonymity and privacy along with desired level of connection speed. For users’ ease, we have created an extensive list of VPN providers those support TOR browser features. In addition, you can attain other benefits like standard level of encryption and so on trouble-free.
The list of best VPN providers for TOR browser includes:
PureVPN is a fastest VPN services for TOR
What makes PureVPN standout from the other online privacy services is its budget friendly pricing plan feature. Likewise, you can access to the TOR network and obtain dual layer of protection instantly. Moreover, you can experience a list of impressive features under one roof straightaway.
Pros of PureVPN
- The service offers 750+ servers in 140+ countries worldwide
- The provider has an impressive split tunneling benefit for the users
- The service provides 24 hours customer support feature to the TOR users
Cons of PureVPN
- The service does not have free trial benefit to the users
NordVPN offers a massive server network to the TOR users globally
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service that has all the rights to be included in the list of best VPN for TOR. The service also provides eye-catching pricing packages to the users to secure their privacy from ISPs and online hackers.
Pros of NordVPN
- The service offers 3700+ servers in 60+ countries internationally
- The service has a generous 30 days money back guarantee feature for the users
- The provider supports torrenting activities of TOR browser fans
Cons of NordVPN
- The users may experience connectivity issues during peak hours
IPVanish has impressive tunneling protocols for the TOR users
IPVanish is another best VPN for TOR since it has presence in all the major countries of the world. Furthermore, you cannot overlook the pricing plans of the service. This is because it has three different types of pricing packages for the users.
Pros of IPVanish
- The service has 1000+ servers in 60+ countries
- The provider offers an impressive compatibility benefit to the users
- This VPN for TOR has an appealing multi-login feature
Cons of IPVanish
- The service does not provide free trial benefit
PrivateVPN provides online privacy and anonymity to the TOR followers
If you want to use VPN for TOR, PrivateVPN is an interesting option. It means you can access 100+ servers in 55+ countries globally. Furthermore, you can attain various advantages like cost effective pricing plans, multi-login and others accordingly.
Pros of PrivateVPN
- The service is compatible with all the leading platforms
- The provider offers secure internet access feature to its subscribers
- The provider follows no-logging policy in true letter and spirit
Cons of PrivateVPN
- The service does not have free trial benefit for the subscribers
Ivacy is an all-round VPN service for TOR users
This amazing VPN TOR service has a global presence since it offers its services in 100+ countries. Above all, you can avail its pocket friendly pricing plan advantage that allows you to protect your online activities straightaway.
Pros of Ivacy
- The service offers multi-login and TOR VPN on Android devices benefits to the subscribers
- The provider has an exclusive 7 days money back guarantee feature
- This TOR VPN provider helps you to block your preferred media streaming services from anywhere
Cons of Ivacy
- The service has a rigid refund policy for the users
Using TOR with VPN
Fortunately, you have a best VPN for TOR that allows you to explore the real benefits of TOR with a VPN. There is no denying both TOR and VPN makes an interesting combination. As a result, you are able to obtain both privacy and anonymity accordingly. Here is how you can use TOR with the help of VPN:
TOR through VPN
You should opt a best VPN for TOR browser for two reasons. The first reason indicates that you must connect to the VPN service of your choice from the above given list. Once you have connected to your desired VPN server, you should connect to the TOR browser.
As a result, your ISP cannot trace your online activities that you perform through TOR. The said tactic is a workaround that allows you to bypass ISP TOR blocking hassles instantly.
VPN through TOR
The same applies for the second reason too. When you connect to TOR before connecting to a good TOR browser VPN, you can mask your original IP address from your VPN service. Thus, you should use a VPN in collaboration with TOR to attain a double layer of protection.
Malicious exit nodes
If you are using TOR, you may call the last node between the computer and open internet in the chain as exit node. However, not all the things are rosy with this exit node. It suggests your traffic that enters and exits from this node is unsecure.
Therefore, you need to add further layer of encryption like HTTPS. By doing so, you can encrypt your traffic instantly. Otherwise, online snoopers can access to your unencrypted internet traffic.
TOR over VPN or VPN over TOR
When it comes to using TOR over VPN or VPN over TOR, both tactics have pros and cons users need to consider. Here is the list of pros and cons associated with both tactics that includes:
TOR over VPN Pros
- ISPs and VPN cannot observe your traffic
- You can connect to VPN then you can turn on TOR browser
TOR over VPN Cons
- VPN are allowed to know about the actual IP addresses of the users
VPN over TOR Pros
- ISPs and VPN service cannot see your traffic
- You can access to websites or apps that block traffic from TOR exit nodes
VPN over TOR Cons
- ISPs can observe that you are using TOR browser
How to install TOR
The task of installing TOR browser is straightforward and does not need any rocket science. Here is how you can do to achieve your TOR installation mission hassle-free:
- You should download the TOR browser bundle for your desired devices like Windows, Linux and Mac
- You should execute the downloaded file to get the TOR browser in a folder on your devices
- You can open the folder then click “Start TOR Browser”
- You can start using the TOR browser to attain online anonymity straightaway
TOR and the Deep Web
Surprisingly, deep web is that kind of internet section you cannot access quite easily. In other words, you may call the deep web as the invisible web too. It means the standard web search engines do not index the content of deep web.
If you want to access the deep web, you will need to use a dedicated browser such as TOR. This is because you cannot access to the information available on the deep web straightaway. After installing the TOR browser on your devices, you can access the deep web instantly.
You can follow the above-mentioned installation process to achieve your deep web access objective. However, you should secure your online privacy through best VPN for TOR browser.
Best VPN for TOR Reddit
Reddit is by far the most sought platform users explore to find the best possible solutions of their queries. Therefore, Reddit is not a bad option if you wish to know about best VPN for TOR in detail. Here is the response of one Reddit user indicating that the users should select TOR then VPN to attain online anonymity.
Surprisingly, another user asked the same Redditor about why is it important to use TOR first then VPN.
Interestingly, the response of a user was adequate and up to the task. According to the user’s viewpoint, you should use a VPN to secure your online privacy. This is because the TOR browser does not offer the required level of protection to the users.
Best vpn for tor? from onions
Best VPN for TOR Twitter
Twitter is another interactive platform like Reddit that provides neutral reviews about best VPN for TOR to the users. Likewise, you can discover the pros and cons of TOR browser through Twitter in the right direction.
VPN may be your best bet if you’re doing that. PGP is for like email encryption. Tor is good for paranoid browsing and deep web shit
— sonik (@sonic_etc) October 15, 2017
Furthermore, another comment suggests that the TOR browser works bit slower than the VPN.
While a VPN is still the best bet, Tor Browser is also good for anonymity, though a tad slower than other browsers.https://t.co/iWa0uuOZwK
— Varr | Raven [@Chimes] (@KaedeVarr) March 29, 2017
You should opt TOR if you want to overcome annoying ads issue to another level.
So the best thing to do for the individual internet user is to learn to use ad blockers, look into setting up a VPN, use Tor… goodbye ads.
— C. B. Wright (A Madman Unhing’d) (@ubersoft) March 31, 2017
Best VPN for TOR Wrapping Up
We expect you would like our exclusive best VPN for TOR guide. Moreover, it enables the users to gain double layer of online protection that makes users anonymous over the internet. Likewise, you should connect to your VPN service first.
After connecting to the VPN provider, you may open the TOR browser to access TOR Network. This is how you are able to deceive your ISPs and other data surveillance agencies to another level.
Feel free to share your comments in the section provided below.
Published at Fri, 20 Apr 2018 13:22:58 +0000